Welcome to the second edition of our new regular feature ‘Isolation Blues’ whereby we post a playlist of some tracks we’ve been listening to in the last week that have helped to navigate through this strange new landscape. There are seven standard categories (based around the stages of grief) which reflect the range of emotions we go through each week. And we’ll select a track to compliment the mood. Click HERE for a link to the playlist on Spotify.
Plus we’ve recommended a Documentary and a Film to keep you entertained too.
Here are our selections;
1) ‘Shock & Denial’ = Ry Cooder – Theme from Southern Comfort
2) ‘Pain & Guilt’ = Low – Especially Me
3) ‘Anger’ = Radiohead – The Daily Mail
4) ‘Reflection’ = Miles Davis – Generique
5) ‘The Upward Turn’ = Merry Clayton – Love Or Let Me Be Lonely
6) ‘Reconstruction’ = Pentagram – Forever My Queen
7) ‘Acceptance’ = A Winged Victory For The Sullen – We Played Some Open Chords
Documentary of the week = Finding Joseph I: The HR From Bad Brains Documentary (Amazon Prime)
This is a tale of mental health, addiction, friendship, religion and of course music. Bad Brains were one of the finest punk bands to come out of America in the late 70’s and this documentary follows their singer HR as he wanders the land of the Free.
Film of the week = Leave No Trace (Dir. Debra Granik, 2018)
An ex-soldier lives off grid with his teenage daughter in a National Park in Oregan. Until they come into contact with the outside world…A touching film that seems even more relevant in these unusual times.